A few days ago we mentioned how praying together can bring our hearts together and unite them as one. As much as we might aim to carve out time together before the Lord, life is life, and some weeks spouses are spun in opposite directions physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Those are the weeks I find it imperative to spend my time in prayer for Cody. The other day I found a list of 25 prayers for your husband and wanted to share a few of my favorite.
- That he would have a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart, and that he will listen to God and desire to do His will. (Proverbs 15:33)
- That the words he speaks will build our family, and reflect a heart of love. (Proverbs 18:21)
- That he will serve God and others with pure motives, and that God would be glorified in everything he does. (Colossians 3:23-24)
- That he would offer all this dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those that bring God glory, and that count for eternity. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- That his relationship with God will bear much fruit in his life, and that he will be a man who seeks wisdom and understanding. (Proverbs 3:7, Psalm 112:1)
- That our physical intimacy would be a positive reflection of selfless love. (Song of Solomon 7:10)
- That he would always have an eternal perspective, and make the most of however much time he has in this life. (Ephesians 5:16)
For the complete list check out Jamie’s blog.