As you can imagine, the house is pretty much a disaster of boxes and piles and more boxes. This little nook by the back door is my happy place. It’s clutter-free and pretty. Sometimes I wish I could curl up on the shelf and ignore all the mess around me! Even looking at the picture makes me breathe a little easier.
The Nester has blogged about the importance of having one sane place in your house when everything else is crazy. I couldn’t agree more! This little shelf and pumpkin just might be the last two things I pack up. Do you have a sane place in your house?
Here are some of my favorite things from the web this week:
- One of the best things I’ve read about sex (now you’re curious, aren’t you!?) by Ann Voscamp offers a wonderful, sacred perspective on this intimate act
- Jen Hatmaker’s review of Gilmore Girls is hilarious and wonderful. I might have to start watching it again!
- A word of encouragement to mom’s who are in the trenches (Oakland Avenue)
- I’m terrible at keeping up with what’s going on in the news. I subscribed to The Skimm, a daily email that and I feel a little smarter!
- I don’t usually click on video links on Facebook, but I’m a sucker for a cute love story and this one delivers!
Things will probably be quiet around here next week, but hopefully I’ll share an update on our move soon!