We try to have date nights every week, but that doesn’t always happen. We do know it’s important to make time for each other. Here are some of our favorite things to do together.
1. Grab a blanket and head out of town and watch the stars. This is something Adam and I did a lot when we were dating, so it’s a fun tradition to continue.
2. Play at a park! Push each other on the swings. Go down the slide. Act like kids! You might get some funny looks, but it’s worth it.
3. Take the Sunday paper to a coffee shop and work the crossword or Sudoku together. Talk about a news story. Maybe this is the journalist and coffee lover in me coming out, but I know Adam’s really trying to make an effort when he suggests going to a coffee shop (especially since he doesn’t drink coffee!).
4. Find a drive-in movie theater or an outdoor movie. Or follow Laura and Cody’s lead and turn your car (or minivan) into your personal drive-in and watch a movie on a laptop.
5. Go for a walk. Explore a neighborhood you dream of living in. We have some of our best conversations on walks!
What are you best date ideas?