I'm not usually a lacy, doily kind of girl, but I keep seeing lace used in design in modern ways that I love! Here are some of my favorites:
1. Lace Rug How fresh and feminine is this rug from Wayfair? I never would have thought to put doilies on a rug, but it works!
2. Lace Table Runner Ever since I made my snowflake table runner, I have a thing for them. So of course I had to share this lovely lace runner. Maybe I'll make one for Valentine's day. I especially love the contrast of the mismatched doilies with the rustic wood table.
3. Lace Dresser Kara Paslay made over an ugly old dresser with paint and lace. Isn't it beautiful? She laid lace over the drawers and spray painted over it. I love the results! She also did it on a lamp shade! Maybe I'll try this on our living room lamps…
4. Doily Cabinet Doors Laura was way ahead of the lace trend when she covered her glass cabinets with paper doilies. I should have known it would become a trend!
5. Lace Pendant How great is this lace light!? Seriously. If I wasn't a lace convert before I saw this, I definitely am now! Isabelle over at Dos Family made it by glueing doilies to a big balloon. If you don't want to make your own pendant, this perforated pendant from Land of Nod is the next best thing.
Do you have any lace in your house?