It’s Memorial Day weekend, so that means it’s officially summer! I know Adam and I are always looking for fun ideas for date night. I’m also starting to feel the need to take advantage of our freedom to go on dates without worrying about getting a babysitter while we can. That will change in October!
Here are 5 things on our list this summer:
1. Play miniature golf. It doesn’t even matter if you keep score. (I tend to be competitive, and Adam insists on bringing his fancy putter, so we always keep score). I’m hoping we do this this weekend.
2. Go to an outdoor concert. Nothing compares to listening to music outside. Look for free concerts where you can pack a picnic. This year our goal is to go to one of the Nitefall on the River concerts. I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve lived in Des Moines for 10 years and never been!
3. Pick berries (and make pie!). This is something we’ve done the last few years, and it’s always one of my favorite summer activities!
4. Make s’mores. We don’t have a fire pit, but I’m sure we can entice friends to have a bonfire and invite us over if we bring the marshmallows!
5. Rent a canoe or paddleboat. Extra credit points if you get wet! Adam will probably end up doing the majority of the paddling or peddling, but I love getting out on the water if he’ll take me!
What are your favorite summer dates? Find more ideas here.