It shouldn't take a holiday for me to remember to stop and give thanks for all that God has blessed me with. But it's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of everyday life to forget all that we have.
I read One Thousand Gifts last year and loved it. I started a Gratitude Journal and though I don't write in it every day, I love looking back at all the little (and big) things that I'm thankful for. I know some bloggers share what they're thankful for every month. Maybe I'll try to do that! But for now, here are 30 things I'm thankful for this month:
1. A healthy baby
2. Sunny afternoon walks
3. Piles of raked leaves
4. Steaming coffee in the morning
5. Pumpkin donuts (if you live in Des Moines, check out Donut Hut on Douglas, they're the best!)
6. Stovetop popcorn
8. Facetime with family
9. Game nights
10. Breakfast at La Mie with a good friend
11. A new sofa
12. Sleeping in 'til 7:15!
13. A Bible study with friends (we're going through Calm My Anxious Heart, it's so good!)
14. A lunch date with Adam
15. Working in the nursery at church (this makes me thankful for anyone who volunteers in the nursery!)
16. Time to work on Christmas crafts
17. The Lord's unfailing love for me
18. A night of worship with other women
19. Crockpot dinners
20. Indoor playgrounds
21. A washer and dryer in the house
22. Heated seats in the car
23. Getting to go to an Iowa State men's basketball game with friends
24. Going home for Thanksgiving
25. Time to work on holiday crafts
26. Having a fire in the fireplace
27. Friends with kids Emerson's age
28. A friend's new baby girl!
29. An uninterrupted shower
30. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
What are you thankful for?
* These are affiliate links. If you happen to buy using these links, we get a small percentage of the sale