Remember the photo I posted a few weeks back of the awful brass faucets in our master bath? Well, we finally got around to replacing them this weekend. The new faucets have been sitting upstairs for a good 2 weeks now, and we decided it was time to do something about them.
It seemed like an easy project, but don’t they all? Adam pulled out everything from under the sink, got the tools and started working. I was cleaning up the bedroom and offering moral support. In my mind, we’d get both faucets done in an hour and then I would make dinner. That was my first mistake. Never under estimate how long a home project can take!
15 minutes later he was muttering to himself, so I went into the bathroom to see what was going on. It didn’t look like he’d made any progress. That was when I decided maybe I would have better luck. So I took the plunge, under the sink, twisting and turning, trying to figure out how to wrench the faucet loose. Somehow we managed to get one handle and the spigot free, but the second handle won’t budge!
After more than an hour of both of us trying to squeeze under the sink and angle the wrench to loosen the old faucet, Adam announced that I needed to order pizza, and do it now. Like a good wife, I called Pappa John’s (yes, I have them on speed dial) and that was the end of replacing the faucet, at least for this weekend.
Sorry, no photos this time. I promise to show off the new shiny faucets when they’re in!